Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Elegant dual "Trumpeter M113" & "Esci M901" Comparsion.. (by Erhan Atalay)



Hello,

Previously I shared review for this model.
Esci M901 :http://miniafv....esci-172-m901-hammer-head-first-page-by.html 
Trumpeter M113 :http://miniafv...trumpeter-172-m113a2-armored-car-first.html
Now, let's continue with comparison...
Erhan...

Esci's wheels and sprocket are single and thick piece. Trumpeter wheels are double, thinner and detailed..Esci : 0 Trumpeter : 1




Trumpeter has the engine details ..Esc lost again ..Esci : 0 Trumpeter :2

Trumpeter's tracks are composed of vinyl. Esci's tracks have plastic parts. I prefer  Esci.
Esci : 1 Trumpeter : 2


Rear door... I like Esci :)  Esci : 2 Trumpeter : 2


And here is side skirts. Esci to win !! (because I love Esci)  Esci : 3 Trumpeter : 2


And completed models.. I think both of them very nice..


Painting time..
Trumpeter M 113 paint :  Humbrol 105 for base and  Model Master Military Brown (FS30117) and Tamiya XF-60 Nato black for Nato camouflage..

Esci M901 paint :  Vallejo 70874 tan earth for base, Gunze olive green, Vallejo 313 stencil and Vallejo black for MERDC camouflage

 
After paint and decals 



click please for the M901 :http://miniafv.....esci-172-m901-hammer-head-completed-by.html 
Erhan...

12 comments:

  1. An interesting vehicle. Look forward to seeing how they turn out. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and I think the scoring was fair! Would it be possible to fit the Trumpeter wheel-set to the Esci without much work for a 'super' version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good post Erhan and a interesting duel!

    Being a ESCI nut myself as well as a M113 junkie I always love seeing these.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MERDC olan daha mı güzel ne? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comparative review. Both of those are nice builds. I've built the Trumpeter kit too and I felt the interior was a bit of a letdown with some parts missing, incorrect engine opening, heavy injection marks and huge gaps for the side skirt. Overall, the ESCII kit looks like it's better engineered and thought out, but you did show that the Trumpeter kit can be built to a good standard as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Esci is an very old kit. Trumpeter kit is a more modern mold. But I love Esci .. veni vidi ESCI ...
      welcome my friend
      Erhan..

      Delete
  6. Crew door on M901 is upside down.
    Esci omitted reloading shields in rear deck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really interesting, You are an overly professional blogger.
    I have joined your feed and sit up for in quest of more of your wonderful post.
    Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

    ReplyDelete

free counters