Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Airfix Sheridan (convert M-551 TTS) (by Burak Özdil)




Burak Özdil sent lots of new model. But I can't find time to add for "miniafv". Slowly ... Crazy Burak made ​​a delicious work with an old Airfix Sheridan ...
Articles I wrote, I'm sorry for my english..
Enjoy..
Erhan...


Burak Özdil said,

Hello,
US army needs to light tank for the Vietnam War. Easily transported, must support infantry. Sheridan was born, little but have a 152 mm cannon. Last used in 1991 The first Gulf War. I try a Sheridan who fought on this front.

This Airfix kit is a M-551 Sheridan. I want to convert M-551 A1 TTS.
Need to be converted
- The TTS equipment on the turret
- Smoke Launhcers
- Lighting equipment

parts...

wheel assembly...

easily merged body...


bars on the lighting...


the cleaning at the rear...

hand made smoke launchers..

The barrel is the wrong scale and wrong molded. An alternative barrel, a lollipop stick :)



added lighting equipment...

evreka...I found a barrel in the  M60 A2 Starship conversion kit..

 TTS equipment by hand made...


time to paint.. before pre-shading...

continued...


to be continued...wait please..
Update, completed model http://miniafv....airfix-172-76-sheridan-m-551-tts-by.html

3 comments:

  1. Burak, great modeling, Sir. The conversion-scratchbuilding is really very nice. Looking forward to the finishing of this old-girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting conversión, I have the 1/35 of academy and It´s an amazing tank, good job

    ReplyDelete

free counters