Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Mirage Hobby 1/72 M3 Lee MK 1 (by Kürşat Kaan Kerimoğlu)

 



Hello dear modeller, 

I finished the Medium Tank Lee Mk.1 kit produced by Mirage Hobby as it came out of the box and painted it Beige. The kit gave me a lot of trouble during the construction of the model. There was a lot of plastic residues between the plastic parts and removing these residues required serious patience.

I used Tamiya's Beige product during the painting phase of the model. I modulated the color by gradually lightening this color on Tamiya Flesh. I tried to save the paint on the vehicle from monotony by using white oil paint. I applied chipping to the edges of the model using oil paint in Raw Umber color.

I placed the decals applied on the vehicle in place with the Micro Sol-Set duo. I finished the model with very light weathering. Unfortunately, I could not reach the color tone I wanted in this model and washing instead of highlighting the protruding parts caught my eye as another mistake..

Happy modelling,
K.Kaan Kerimoğlu 











No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters