Friday, July 12, 2024

1/72 Czechoslovakian Jt-34 Crane.(conversion from Zvezda T34/85) by Zsolt Czegle




Hello dear modeler,

In 2023, at the Nitra Model Show in Slovakia, I discovered the Slovakian small-serie manufacturer Armor Models, at whose stand I saw this unusual Czechoslovakian crane vehicle on the T-34 chassis. I immediately liked the structure because it combined two of my “weak points”: tanks and work machines. There was no question that I had to buy it!

Later I bought a Zvezda T-34-85 model, which served as the basis for the vehicle.

On the basic model I replaced the handrails with copper wire and made the tow ropes from copper wire as well.

The conversion kit contains 3D printed parts. After sanding the print layers, I assembled the crane boom. Based on the information I found on the Internet, I copied some of the details myself: handrails, hooks and the steel cable. While building/sanding I broke parts of the supporting structure made from iron beams, which I rebuilt from strips of styrene.

The painting and priming were done with AK acrylic paints. This time I didn't use any decals so the vehicle was sealed with a semi-gloss finish. After the enamel pinwash, I shaded the model with Ammo Shader and imitated the fading with oil paints, the signs of wear with liquid pigment and watercolor pencils.

On the base I made the concrete imitation out of cardboard, which I painted with 50 shades of gray 😉.

I hope you like the end result as much as I do.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Zsolt Czegle..

Thank you for sharing dear Zsolt...

Erhan...














No comments:

Post a Comment

free counters