Friday, February 15, 2013

Roden 1/72 Opel Blitzbus first page (by Erhan)










 Hi dear friends,

Do you remember this photo ?
In January I asked you : Which Opel (Blitz) ?
http://miniafv....which-opel-blitz-by-erhan.html
.
Winner : Roden Opel Blitzbus...

This kit released in 2012. A new mold and must be  good quality. But I was wrong...

Let's start  the Blitzbus story, but it will last longer.
.
Erhan...




I started on January 17, proof of the upper..

Parts and meet ..



Roden has a nice clean piece molds have kits. Old Opel Blitz truck chassis used in this kit, wonderful..
Therefore, there are many parts in common with truck parts.These parts are of good quality, clean the mold. However, doesn't have the same quality parts for Blitzbus. Already these parts in different colors.




quality of common parts with the truck.



there is acetate for windows..


Let's start with the body of the bus..




Parts are not compatible.. Had big gaps and need to putty.

,
interesting designed :)


Putty and sanding .. The front part has been broken. Glue it... Again, putty and sanding, has been broken.. Glue it.. not solid. I've tried all the glues. I have to be patient ..




Body is waiting, let's try seats... An interesting design. Let's do reference research.











A
fter putty and sanding .. test paint.. 





to be continued...

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear! :( But I am sure it will look great when you are finished with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity that those parts are so badly engineered, because the model itself is very very interesting - I was pondering of buying it myself.
    I'm sure you will make a great model as usual though. Happy modelling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very valuable review indeed - many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the vehicle I wanted to see built, thanks! Sorry about the poor quality kit. But, you'll be giving your model-building expertise an extra bit of exercise. Perseverance!

    I'm sure you will do a fine job on this neat bus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear friends, thank you for your encouragement :)
    i want to complete this bus. It's a nightmare..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks a real pain in the butt Erhan, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel guilty because in January I voted for Roden :( But this is a very useful review and I'm sure it will turn out fine eventually. I see you have a lot patience :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

free counters